Are you among the international students who are searching for scholarships to finance their study in Canada? Search on browse engines for “scholarships in Canada” and you will get many pages related to this. Be that as it may, you don’t get application process, assessment criteria and course of events to apply. Uplifting news! We’ve shortlisted the best scholarship schemes to study in Canada that you should apply if you meet eligibility criteria to achieve this. My study group has gone through more than 40 hours in curating this rundown. Typically, this rundown is accessible just to our Premium Counseling students. Yet, I am giving this rundown to you for FREE.
Why choose Canada for higher studies? :
Since I need you to prevail in your objective to study in Canada (and different nations). Furthermore, I don’t need you to get stopped by the surprising expense of considering abroad.
1. Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship: This scholarship scheme is by the Canadian Government for different reasons like:
(i) improve the number of international students coming abroad for higher studies.
(ii) make Canada the center of research activities.
To be considered for the Vanier Scholarship, you have to exhibit authority aptitudes and an elevated requirement of scholastic accomplishment in Masters’ projects in Engineering, Natural Sciences, Health, Social Sciences or Humanities.
The Canadian Government grants up to 167 different types of scholarships yearly. Whenever there is an aggregate of up to 500 students with Vanier grants for their Ph.D. programs in different Canadian academic institutes.
Here are some other key focuses on this grant:
(i) You should initially be admitted in a Ph.D. program at some Canadian college
(ii) The grant is esteemed at $50,000 every year for a long time during doctoral studies.
(iii) So as to be qualified, there are three similarly weighted assessment criteria: scholastic perfection, inquire about potential, and administration
(iv) Hopefuls must be assigned by the Canadian Institution at which they want to study in canada.
(v) Around 200 students each year get this grant to learn at the University of Toronto, the University of British Columbia, the University of Waterloo, the University of Alberta and almost 100 different academic institutes.
Assessment Criteria: You will be assessed and chose dependent on the accompanying three criteria:
(a) Academic greatness, as exhibited by your past scholastic outcomes, transcripts, grants, grants, and refinements.
(b) Research potential, as shown by your examination history, your enthusiasm for research, the proposed research and its capability to propel learning of the field and its normal results. Your study experience and its effect shows your potential as an exploration head of tomorrow.
You ought to expound on your own attributes, for example, basic reasoning, utilization of information, judgment, innovation, activity, self-rule and energy for research in your Personal Leadership Statement article. You ought to have solid references to approve the equivalent.
What’s more, your accomplishments as far as joint efforts, cooperation and coaching would likewise be checked towards your commitments to research and preparing of an exceedingly qualified workforce.
(c) Leadership, which incorporates both exhibited and potential authority capacity. You can exhibit your initiative capacity through:
- Your own accomplishment: This incorporates your contribution and accomplishments in the enterprise, business, science, sports, expressions, outside movement or study.
- Your contribution in scholarly life: This incorporates any of your accomplishments in coaching/instructing or supervisory experience, association in student network, student advisory group, groups, Senate, board and so forth., an association of gatherings, occasions and courses, your job in scholastic or expert social orders and venture the executives.
- There could be different roads where you could have shown your authority capacities.
You will be assessed on different authority credits including your capacity to create as close to home vision for the future that characterizes an important change for the network or gathering you work with, building up clear objectives and achieving those objectives in a proficient, sorted out and inventive way, being responsible for results of your activities and choices, interest, innovativeness, fortitude, managing unpredictability, influential, supporting companions, and dominance of introduction abilities and open interchanges.
Course of events
- July – November: Applicants look for a designating foundation, get ready and submit application bundle
- November 1, 2017: Deadline for foundations to submit designations to the Vanier CGS program
- End of March 2018: Email notice to candidates
- May 1, 2018, September 1, 2018 or January 1, 2019: Payment starts
2. University of Waterloo International Master’s and Doctoral Awards: The International Master’s and Doctoral Student Awards at the University of Waterloo are incredible subsidizing open doors for worldwide students. Here are the key purposes of this grant:
- Qualified students must be enlisted full-time in research-based advanced education programs at the University of Waterloo and hold a legitimate Canadian investigation grant
- Students must meet the scholastic advancement prerequisites of their program, and not have remarkable trial confirmation necessities, or be simultaneously getting outside honors or sponsorships, or act naturally financed
- Esteemed at $2,045 per term for a long time (Master’s) or $4,090 per term for a long time (Ph.D.)
What’s more, there are a lot more grants accessible for global students that you can scan for here. A large portion of these grants are given dependent on academic greatness and showed enthusiasm for seeking after research in explicit zones.
#3 Ontario Graduate Scholarship: The Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS) program is financed by the common government to energize greatness in alumni learns at the aces and doctoral dimensions. It is a legitimacy based grant and grants are accessible to students, including universal pupils, in all controls of scholastic investigation. Key purposes of this grant include:
- It is esteemed at $15,000 every year
- The base span the grant might be held for is two sequential terms
- Be a universal student and choose to study in Ontario with a valid study permit to be qualified for this honor
Application Process: A hopeful ought to have accomplished a top of the line normal, (least of A-/80%)*, in EACH of the last two full-time scholarly years.
- Transcripts are required from all post-auxiliary foundations visited, regardless of whether a degree was gotten or not; graduate transcripts are required regardless of whether fall 2017 is the primary term in the program.
- A similar grant application structure is additionally used to assess a possibility for the Queen Elizabeth II Graduate Scholarship in Science and Technology (QEII-GSST), which is likewise esteemed at $15,000 every year.
- Students have the alternative to take up the OGS or QEII-GSST grant for at least two terms (getting $10,000 aggregate) or three terms (accepting $15,000 absolute). The honors are non-sustainable.
- A global study ought to present his application by October 4, 2017.
Assessment Criteria: Admission depends on the accompanying three criteria:
(i) Academic Excellence, with records of every awards and grant.
(ii) Research Ability and Potential in Program Study, all records of conferences and presentations
(iii) Communication and Leadership Ability is exhibited by a rundown of important volunteer, initiative and scholastic work involvement
4. Ontario Trillium Scholarship: Ontario Trillium Scholarship program means to draw in a greater amount of the best qualified worldwide students to Ontario for their Ph.D. considers. Here are the key purposes of this grant:
- Each OTS is esteemed at $40,000 every year and is naturally inexhaustible for an extra three years
- Six new awardees are chosen each year at Waterloo
- Beneficiaries must be universal students, who hold a substantial Canadian examination grant and should plan seek after full-time graduate investigations at the doctoral dimension in a degree giving the project
5. University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowships: The scholarship schemes of this academic institute in Canada is available for the students from different corners of the globe which will be identity enrolled as bachelor students (Masters or Ph.D.) at this esteemed university.
- The grant is esteemed at $18,000 (Ph.D.) and $14,000 (Master’s) for a year time frame
- Students are qualified to get partnerships for the initial two years of their Master’s program and the initial 48 months.
V future step is to study abroad recommendation app which connects study abroad seekers with the best study abroad consultants in their region. If you are also looking to pursue your higher studies in Canada then visit us today and get ready to meet with the best study abroad, consultants.